Graafinen versio
På svenska  In English



The Taaborinvuori Museum Area

The Taaborinvuori Museum Area is located in Palojoki village. The exhibitions of the Nurmijärvi Museum of Cultural History show the everyday life of Nurmijärvi at the late 19th and early 20th century. Three residential buildings in the museum area were originally the small rural dwellings of a farm worker, a crofter and a smith and have been transferred to the area from different locations in Nurmijärvi in the 1980s.

These exhibitions acquaint visitors with the world of Aleksis Kivi, a national writer of Finland, through a variety of topics and the history of the locality. Aleksis Kivi gave the Biblical name Taaborinvuori (Mount Tabor) to the rocky hill next to his birth home. At the time place was used as a children's playground.  

The Taaborinvuori museum area is also the main venue for summer events in Nurmijärvi. On the top of the hill is the outdoor theatre with its buildings, part of Finland's culture history. Since 1953 the Kivi Festival has been held at Taaborinvuori every summer.

 

Visit us

Palojoentie 272,
Parking area: Koulunkulmantie 34, 01940 Palojoki

Map

Contact us

+358 40 317 4148
(During opening hours)

+358 40 317 2507
(Inquiries and guide booking outside opening hours)

Opening hours 2012

16.6.-26.8. Tue-Sun 11-18

Mon closed and 21.-23.6.

During the winter season the museum area is closed.

Admission fees

  • Free entrance

Guided tours

  • During opening hours you can ask possibility for a free guided tour at the cafè Puolmatkan krouvi

    Museum shop and
    Café Puolmatkan krouvi

  • are open during the museum's opening hours and special events.

Nurmijärven kunta
PL 37
01901 Nurmijärvi
Puh. (09) 250 021
Faksi (09) 2500 2010
Email: kunta@nurmijarvi.fi

Yhteystiedot 
Kartta

Hakemisto A-Ö
Sivukartta
Tietoa sivustosta

Anna palautetta

Extranet

Etusivulle

Tiedotuslehti